Take a look at our job and volunteering opportunities here at The Follies.
To register interest in a volunteering role or apply for a job role, please send your CV to: email@example.com
We have a small team who get involved with everything. When we do have vacancies we are looking for candidates with can do attitudes who are team players but able to work under their own steam as much of the work is carried out individually.
MARKETING & EVENTS ASSISTANT
Full-time, Permanent, £22,048/annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our small team to co-ordinate vital marketing and communications activities and support the planning and delivery of a busy events calendar.
This role is 40 hours a week, based at Hawkstone Park Follies visitor centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating all:
Marketing activities including:
- Management of social media accounts, scheduling engaging posts and responding to comments and queries
- Management of all other online presence including keeping the website up to date, updating google account with relevant information such as opening times, dates and events, and coordinating any paid for online advertising
- Creating marketing content for online outlets, and development of any necessary marketing and events assets such as onsite posters, interpretation boards, leaflets and more
- Liaising with printers to ascertain quotes and arrange relevant marketing assets to be printed and delivered within budget and deadlines
- Increasing group and school bookings through development of appropriate resources and marketing activities
Events activities including:
- Supporting the Operations Manager to develop and enhance existing events
- Develop new events inline to suit the Follies core audience, increasing footfall to site and revenue
- Adding and managing event listings and tickets on the website
In addition you will be Acting Assistant Manager on any open day where the Operations Manager is unavailable. This will include opening up the visitor centre, taking deliveries, dealing with staff and customer enquiries, and cashing up and closing up at the end of the day.
Typically a working day will be 9am-5:30pm, but will depend on the needs of the business. Event operations would include a variety of shift patterns.
During the open season (Feb-Oct and December) weekend working will be a regular occurance.
For full job responsibilities please click here to find out more or apply.
An opportunity to gain experience and help support this amazing historic landscape.
***PLEASE NOTE: Our volunteering roles are currently on hold. If you are interested, please check back here later in the year for any announcements.***
VOLUNTEER GUEST ASSISTANT
Come and be part of the Follies team help our visitors explore this amazing Grade I listed landscape. This volunteering role may include giving guided walks, talking to visitors at various locations around the Park and assisting in the Visitor Centre with general jobs as needed.
We offer this role to individuals who love the Park and love talking! Perfect for individuals with some spare time who want to share their passion about the Park with a wider audience.
A typical day would include a number of hours located at a specific part of the Park welcoming visitors and explaining some of the history of that particular Folly. For the more physically fit, there would be opportunity to become involved in our guided walks with our general visitors as well as schools and groups. On quieter days volunteers may be helping in the Visitor Centre with visitor queries.
Volunteers for this role must be physically fit enough to be able to get around the Park on foot, however will not be asked to carry out heavy duty tasks.
We ask that volunteers can initially commit to 10 days with us. After this there may be ongoing opportunities for the right individuals.