British Wild Food Festival
Come and join us for an exhilarating two-day festival dedicated to nature and wild food.
Bring your furry friends and the whole family along, as this festival is dog and family-friendly. Please note that due to the terrain, access for buggies and wheelchairs is limited to the grand valley, where you'll find our wild food market stalls and visitor centre. Don't miss out on this incredible celebration of all things nature
At the festival, you can participate in a variety of exciting workshops led by the country's best foragers. Here are some of the workshops on offer:
1. Plant Identification: Learn how to identify different plants in the wild and discover their culinary and medicinal uses.
2. Fermentation: Dive into the world of fermentation and explore how to preserve and transform wild ingredients into delicious and nutritious foods.
3. Wild Butchery: Get hands-on experience in the art of wild butchery, where you'll learn how to prepare and cook wild game and foraged meats.
4. Cooking: Discover the secrets of cooking with wild ingredients and learn how to create unique and flavoursome dishes using nature's bounty. These workshops provide a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, expand your knowledge of nature and wild food, and connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for the great outdoors.
These workshops are a great opportunity for participants for several reasons:
1. Skill Development: The workshops offer a chance to develop new skills and knowledge in various areas related to foraging, cooking, and nature. Whether you are a beginner or have some experience, you can learn valuable techniques and gain hands-on experience from expert instructors.
2. Connection with Nature: Participating in these workshops allows you to connect with nature in a meaningful way. You will learn about different plants, their habitats, and their sustainable harvesting practices. This can deepen your appreciation for the natural world and foster a sense of stewardship towards the environment.
3. Culinary Exploration: The workshops provide a unique opportunity to explore the culinary potential of wild ingredients. You will learn how to identify, harvest, and prepare wild foods, opening up a whole new world of flavours and tastes. This can inspire you to incorporate wild ingredients into your cooking and experiment with new recipes.
4. Community Engagement: The festival workshops bring together a community of like-minded individuals who share a passion for foraging and the outdoors. It's a chance to meet and connect with fellow enthusiasts, exchange ideas, and build relationships with others who share your interests.
5. Empowerment and Self-Sufficiency: Learning how to identify and use wild ingredients empowers participants to be more self-sufficient and resourceful. It provides an alternative to store-bought produce and promotes a sustainable and eco-friendly lifestyle. Overall, these workshops offer a unique and enriching experience for participants, allowing them to acquire new skills, deepen their connection with nature, explore culinary possibilities, engage with a community, and foster a sense of empowerment and self-sufficiency.
This ticket gives you entry to the the festival, the wild food market and the free talks, demos and workshops.