2019 Santa Safari Tickets now available!
A magical adventure by Land Rover through the illuminated woodland to see Santa in his real hillside Grotto.
Arrive at the Hawkstone Park Follies visitor centre and check in for your trip. After a warming festive drink you’ll be whisked off in one of our Land Rovers across the Park, through the Grand Valley, under the Wishing Arch and up the steep hill to Santa’s spectacular network of caves.
Santa’s elves will keep you entertained as you wander around the decorated, fairy-lit caverns and tunnels until you finally arrive at your destination – the magical grotto itself! Where every child is greeted by Santa and gets a gift.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet Santa’s reindeer and enjoy the illuminated woodland fantasy. You can even finish off your visit with a meal from our Christmas menu in the beautifully renovated 1792 Bar & Grill at Hawkstone Park Hotel.
Pre-booking is essential and spaces fill up quickly so book yours while you can! Once they are gone they are gone.
TO BOOK SANTA SAFARI
Select the date and timeslot of your choice and add the number of tickets to your basket. In your basket you will be asked to add the age of the children to ensure Santa's Elves find them the best presents! Once you have paid you will receive your ticket by email. Make sure this is printed and brought with you on the day.
Please note Santa bookings are made online only and full payment is required at the time of booking*.
Infants and children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Infant prices are for 2 years old and under, child tickets for 3-15 years.
Family tickets are valid for two adults and either 2 children (family of 4), 3 children (family or 5) or 4 children (family of 6).
*School bookings made directly with the Manager.
TO BOOK ACCOMODATION OR A FESTIVE MEAL
Contact our team at Hawkstone Park Hotel for accomodation or a festive meal before or after your Santa Safari visit. Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01948 841700
For the first time ever, we are offering a discounted rate on special dates for schools groups of 10 or more people.
School rates are available (subject to availability) on Friday 29th November, Friday 6th, Wednesday 11th, Thursday 12th, Friday 13th, Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th December, 11:00-14:20.
School rates on these dates: £12/child, £10/infant, 1 free adult per 5 children, £10 for extra adults.
Children must have a minimum of 1 adult per 5 children to accompany them in the vehicles.
To check school group availability or make a booking just email firstname.lastname@example.org or give our Manager a call on 01948 841777. Please note these spaces are limited and available on a first come first serve basis.
PLANNING YOUR CHRISTMAS VISIT
Our magical Santa Safari event sells quickly, so get your tickets whilst they are available! To help you plan your visit, take a look at the below info.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your time slot allowing you to walk from the car park up the hill to the visitor centre.
- Check in at the admissions desk on arrival and help yourself to a hot chocolate. Feel free to browse the shop, or treat yourself in our Glasshouse Tearoom.
- A few minutes before we are ready to load you into the 4x4s you will be called through into the final waiting area.
- We try to stick to schedule wherever possible, but please bear with us if there is a short delay - sometimes it may take us longer to load car seats in and out of the vehicles when there are a lot of infants booked in.
- Wherever possible your group will be seated in one vehicle together. This is not always possible, so for the short 10 minute journey up to the Caves you may be split into different vehicles.
- On arrival at the Grotto you will be greeted by an Elf and led to the Grotto entrance. Here you can travel through the Grotto at your leisure before meeting the wonderful Santa Claus himself! Approx 30-40 minutes.
- 4x4 vehicles will then pick you up and return you to the visitor centre where you can browse the gift shop, have a snack in the Tearoom or head off home. If you want to combine a festive meal with the experience, this can be provided from our Christmas Menu at the newly renovated 1792 Bar & Grill at Hawkstone Park Hotel just minutes away from the Follies. To book a Christmas meal contact: email@example.com 01948 841700.
- Toilets are available at the Visitor Centre on arrival, as well as on Grotto Hill.
Santa's Safety Information
- Santa's Grotto is in a real hillside cave, so please wear sensible shoes as you will be walking on uneven surfaces.
- The experience is not suitable for pushchairs or prams. Infants will need to be carried through the caves.
- Please watch your heads whilst in the cave network due to low ceilings.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions, there will be a short walk outside before you enter the caves. The caves are unheated.
- To get you to the caves you will be driven up by 4x4, all normal road rules apply so please listen to the instructions of the drivers when getting in and out of the cars. Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- If you are bringing an infant under 12 months old you must provide your own car seat which you will need to take in and out of the landrover for the short trip to and from the caves. For children over 12 months old car seats will be provided. Children will NOT be permitted to sit on adults laps for the journey.
- Children must be supervised by a paying adult at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of site during Santa Safari.
- No dogs allowed onsite during this event.
- Tickets include a hot chocolate on arrival, we are unable to subtsitute this for any alternatives. Alternative drinks and a range of snacks are available to purchase at our Glasshouse Tearoom.