Tickets for our Follies Safari will go on sale on Monday 12th October at 10:00am.
A magical adventure by Land Rover through the illuminated woodland to see Santa in his real hillside Grotto.
Arrive at Hawkstone Park Hotel and check in for your trip. After a warming festive drink you’ll be whisked off in one of our Land Rovers across the Park, under the Wishing Arch and up the steep hill to Santa’s spectacular network of caves.
Wander around the decorated, fairy-lit caverns and tunnels until you finally arrive at your destination – the magical grotto itself! Where every child is greeted by Santa and gets a gift.
Pre-booking is essential and spaces fill up quickly so book yours while you can! Once they are gone they are gone.
To maintain a safe environment for all of our visitors and staff we have applied the following guidelines:
- Tickets are sold by the vehicle only
- A vehicle ticket is for a maximum of 5 people from the same household or social bubble
- Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the vehicle and any public waiting areas
- Visitors are required to sanitise their hands before entering a vehicle and the grotto. Stations are provided
- Starting point for the trips will be from the main hotel reception in the Hawkstone Park hotel complex
- Additional waiting space and catering facilities are available within the bar
- All of the staff will maintain social distancing within the grotto
- Our Reindeer will not be available
- Please refrain from touching the scenes within the grotto
- Purchases in the bar or shop are card only and we are not accepting any cash payments
- Toilet facilities are available in the hotel and on Grotto hill
TO BOOK FOLLIES SAFARI
Select the date and timeslot of your choice and add the number of vehicles to your basket. Once you have paid you will receive your ticket by email. Make sure this is printed and brought with you on the day.
Please note Santa bookings are made online only and full payment is required at the time of booking*.
|Price for a vehicle up to 5 people|
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
TO BOOK ACCOMODATION OR A FESTIVE MEAL
To book your stay at Hawkstone Park Hotel please visit www.hawkstone.co.uk
If you would like to book a festive meal in the 1792 Bar & Grill please visit www.opentable.co.uk/r/1792-bar-and-grill-shrewsbury
Cream of winter root vegetable soup
Chicken liver parfait, fruit chutney, baked croutes
Salt baked beetroot and whipped goats cheese, toasted walnut salad, balsamic dressing
Traditional Roast turkey with all the trimmings
Slow braised feather blade of beef, chestnut mushroom & thyme sauce
Pan-fried seabass fillet, prawn and chive white wine sauce
Portobello mushroom, red onion and Wrekin blue cheese tartlet
Traditional plum pudding, brandy custard
Baked gingerbread cheesecake, Chantilly cream
Classic vanilla crème brûlée, ginger spiced shortbread
Dark chocolate tart, salted caramel ice cream and crème anglaise
2 Courses: Adults £16.00 per person, Children £9.00 per person
3 Courses: Adults £19.95 per person, Children £12.95 per person
PLANNING YOUR CHRISTMAS VISIT
Our magical Follies Safari event sells quickly, so get your tickets whilst they are available! To help you plan your visit, take a look at the below info.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your time slot
- Check in at the admissions desk on arrival and help yourself to a hot chocolate. Feel free to browse the shop, or treat yourself in our 1792 Bar & Grill.
- A few minutes before we are ready to load you into the 4x4s you will be called through into the final waiting area.
- We try to stick to schedule wherever possible, but please bear with us if there is a short delay - sometimes it may take us longer to load car seats in and out of the vehicles when there are a lot of infants booked in.
- On arrival at the Grotto you will be greeted by an Elf and led to the Grotto entrance. Here you can travel through the Grotto at your leisure before meeting the wonderful Santa Claus himself! Approx 30-40 minutes.
- 4x4 vehicles will then pick you up and return you to the Waterloo Suite where you can browse the gift shop, have a snack in the bar or head off home.
Santa's Safety Information
- Santa's Grotto is in a real hillside cave, so please wear sensible shoes as you will be walking on uneven surfaces.
- The experience is not suitable for pushchairs or prams. Infants will need to be carried through the caves.
- Please watch your heads whilst in the cave network due to low ceilings.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions, there will be a short walk outside before you enter the caves. The caves are unheated.
- To get you to the caves you will be driven up by 4x4, all normal road rules apply so please listen to the instructions of the drivers when getting in and out of the cars. Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- If you are bringing an infant under 12 months old you must provide your own car seat which you will need to take in and out of the landrover for the short trip to and from the caves. For children over 12 months old car seats will be provided. Children will NOT be permitted to sit on adults laps for the journey.
- Children must be supervised by a paying adult at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of site during Follies Safari.
- No dogs allowed onsite during this event.
- Tickets include a hot chocolate on arrival, we are unable to substitute this for any alternatives. Alternative drinks and a range of snacks are available to purchase in 1792 Bar & Grill.